BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018

2 posters

Go down

40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018 Empty 40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018

Post by Alan Coles Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:37 pm

BMWONS - 40th Anniversary - June 16-17, 2018

Details of ride routes to the event and rides on Sunday will be set later.
40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018 Eventb11
We're set for registrations for the event please follow the link below and complete your reservations:
40th Anniversary - Room and Meal registrations

Date & Time: Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 3:00pm – Sun, 17 Jun 2018, 11:00am
Location: Annapolis Basin Conference Centre, 761 Broadway Avenue, Cornwallis, NS B0S 1H0

Registration includes:

• a one-night stay,
  • BBQ dinner on the evening of June 16th and
  • breakfast on the morning of June 17th.

Don't need a room? Dinner only tickets available too!

June 16th Dinner Menu - Cost includes 15% gratuity
Fresh from the Farm Dinner Buffet
-AAA 8oz. Striploin Steak
-Caramelized Onions & Mushrooms
-Amber Ale BBQ’d Chicken Breast
-Caesar Salad
-Broccoli Salad
-Grilled Vegetables
-Roasted Baby Reds with Garlic and Rosemary
-Strawberry Shortcake
-Nova Scotian Blueberry Grunt
-Iced Tea, Lemonade, Coffee & Tea

Guest room options include:

•Standard Queen -
Includes open concept room with queen-sized bed, private washroom, standard guest amenities, desk, and flat screen TV. Includes dinner buffet on June 16th, breakfast on June 17th, guest pass to Fundy YMCA and free WiFi.
$138.00 - based on single occupancy
 $88.50/person- based on double occupancy

•Queen Suite -
Includes one queen-sized bed in bedroom area, private washroom with standard guest amenities, living room with lounge furniture, desk, flat screen TV and pull out sofa bed. Includes dinner buffet on June 16th, breakfast on June 17th, guest pass to Fundy YMCA and free WiFi.
$148.00 based on single occupancy
 $93.50/person based on double occupancy

FAQS

• What time is check-in/check-out? - Check-in for your guest room begins at 3 pm. If you require an earlier check-in, you are more than welcome to call in advance to inquire. Check-out is 11 am.
  • Do you have a pool/fitness facility? - Our Guest Services Staff would be happy to offer you a complimentary guest pass to visit our neighbour, the Fundy YMCA. Here you will find a four-lane swimming pool and aquatics area that includes a whirlpool and dry sauna.
  • Can I extend my stay? - If you wish to extend your stay, we would be happy to offer accommodation; based on availability. Please inquire to a member of our Reservation Team directly. Please contact ABCC during business hours (8:30am-4:30pm AST) at: Toll Free: 1.888.830.4466 Extension '0' or via Email:frontdesk@abcc.ca
  • What's the refund policy? - Annapolis Basin Conference Centre acknowledges that plans can change unexpectantly. Cancellations are accepted up to 7 days prior to arrival. No refunds will be issued after 7 days. (Consideration will be given under exceptional circumstances.)
  • How can I contact the Organizer with any questions? - If you have questions specifically regarding your accommodation and/or meals, the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre would be happy to assist. Please contact us during business hours (8:30am-4:30pm AST) at: Toll Free: 1.888.830.4466 Extension '0' or via Email: frontdesk@abcc.ca
  • Direct reservations:1-888-830-4466 (8:30am-4:30pm Mon-Fri)
    The contact person is:
    Ashley (Bell) Leonard
    Sales & Event Coordinator
    Annapolis Basin Conference Centre
    761 Broadway Avenue
    Cornwallis Park,  Nova Scotia
    Ext.1221
    abell@abcc.ca

If you'd like to identify that you are going on the BMWONS Facebook Event click here: 40th Anniv. Event - Facebook
(the Facebook page is not a Registration for the room or meal, just letting us know you'll be going)

If you have questions regarding the BMW Owners of Nova Scotia Event itself, please contact me or Glen Greencorn directly.

Additional details to follow shortly.

Last edited by Alan Coles on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed reservation contact information)
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down

40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018

Post by Alan Coles Mon May 21, 2018 6:34 pm

I forgot to provide details for anyone who doesn't wish to stay at the Conference Centre (camping, staying nearby, etc.), but can join us for the "Farm Dinner Buffet".

Use the same registration link (first post) and choose just "Dinner Buffet Only - No Overnight Stay". 

The price for $39 + HST (that includes all gratuities). That is very reasonable. Especially when you consider that it is for the entire meal including an 8oz Striploin Steak (aka New York Strip), chicken, all the sides, desserts and drinks mentioned above.
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018 Empty Door Prizes

Post by Alan Coles Mon May 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Don't miss out on the Door Prizes

Just to get you interested, I have confirmed giveaways for our 40th Anniversary Event, who couldn't use a new set of tires? or perhaps a new pair of boots?

As a teaser, we have secured:

• One pair of boots (men's or women's) from TCX. This is the Italian boot maker who not only has a great line of boots that they sell under their own name but who also make boots for BMW Motorrad and Ducati!
  • One set of tires from Dunlop. That includes their new award-winning sport-touring tire the Sportmax Roadsmart III, etc. Ask Sandy MacLeod how he likes his.          Spoiler alert - they're coming out with new 50/50 and 60/40 Dual-sport tires later this year.

I expect to get confirmation of more door prizes soon, so register now and stay tuned!!!

You have to be a paid member of BMWONS to qualify for the door prizes so here is the link to renew your membership if you haven't already - BMWONS Membership 2018

Don't forget, if you have used our new membership software previously for membership, then please log-in using your existing account and renew your membership. If you haven't used this software before, you need to set-up a free account when renewing or taking out a membership. If you have trouble with it, please contact me and I'll walk you through it. If you really, really don't want to use the online membership process (much easier for us if you do), than contact our Treasurer (Brian Graves) at bmwonstreasurer@gmail.com.
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018 Empty Photos - BMWONS 40th Anniversary Event

Post by Alan Coles Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Here are photos from this past weekend's 40th Anniversary Event. Click here to go to the photo album:
BMWONS 40th Anniversary Event Photos

40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018 P6160010

Currently, we have photos from Bill Hayter making up the album and are awaiting a large batch from Greg MacKinnon. Greg shots in RAW format and it takes some time to convert over to JPG, what with having a day job and all. ;-)
If anyone else has photos from the event, please let me know and I'll arrange to get them added to the album.

I think everyone had an enjoyable time. It was great to see old friends and new.

The major Door-prizes were awarded as follows:
Grand Prize - Dunlop Tires - Darrell Theriault
Second Prize - TCX Motorcycle Boots - Amedee Aucoin
Third Prize - Nelson Riggs Tank Bag (courtesy Continental Tires) - Ed Valiant
Fourth Prize - Nelson Riggs Tank Bag (courtesy Continental Tires) - Glen Greencorn
Fifth Prize - Nelson Riggs Tank Bag (courtesy Continental Tires) - Chuck Sweet (Chuck doesn't have a need for another tank bag so we re-drew and Amedee won it)
Sixth Prize - $100 Gift Certificate from Rallye Motoplex - Anne Marie Evans

There were sufficient additional door-prizes provided by Anne Marie Evans (thank you very much Anne Marie) of organic soaps and teas, that we were able to have enough to provide everyone with one of those in an initial drawing before putting everyone's name back into the hat to draw the 6 main door-prizes.
40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018 P6160011
40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018 P6160110
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018 Empty Re: 40th Anniversary - BMWONS - June 16-17, 2018

Post by bothfeetin Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:23 pm

To all, it for sure was great to meet all of you! We both, Cresel and I hope to meet you again and perhaps even joining some of the rides. Thank you for making both of us so welcome within this somewhat special group. Safe ride!

bothfeetin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down