BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you riding plans for 2008?

5 posters

Go down

What are you riding plans for 2008? Empty What are you riding plans for 2008?

Post by Willard Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:43 pm

What are your personal riding/trip/rally plans for 2008?

What events would you like to see the club undertake? A pre Downeast campout? A June trip around the Cabot Trail?

Last year we had numerous impromptu club rides. There was no actual pre-posted ride schedule. It has been recommended for this year that we have at least one scheduled club rides with a predetermined destination each month in addition to the impromptu rides of last year. What do you think? How about posting some suggested routes to be scheduled.
Willard
Willard

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

What are you riding plans for 2008? Empty Re: What are you riding plans for 2008?

Post by 1st Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:45 pm

A pre Drowneast campout!! That would put it in April or early May - cold enough to freeze the nuts off a BeemerWhat are you riding plans for 2008? Icon_eek.

I personally really enjoyed last year's June Cabot Trail ride. So doing something like that again in 2008 has appeal.

There's some talk about a couple of crazy guys heading to Labrador the first week of August too.
1st
1st

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

What are you riding plans for 2008? Empty Re: What are you riding plans for 2008?

Post by Richard Herring Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:53 am

Well, I sure enjoyed the Cabot trail ride but I live here so its easy for me.
Plans are for the Bluenose again to help serve the beer (and drink a few as well LOL)
Finger lakes is a real possiblity and possibly Laconia for the vintage racing and watch the fun.
I am going to try to get to one of the weekend blasts on the mainland for a change.
Richard Herring
Richard Herring

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Willard Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:04 pm

1st and I are planning a trip across the Trans Labrador Highway in early August. We will take the ferry to Port aux Basques, north to St. Barbe, then the ferry to Blanc Sablon. From there onto Cartwright, Labrador, mostly a dirt winter road. Then its a 12 ferry ride onto Goose Bay. The next destination is Labrador City, a 500 km dirt road with only one service centre at the half way point in Churchill Falls. After Labrador City its down route 389 to Baie Comeau.

It should be quite an adventure. You are certainly welcome to join us.

Here are some links with wonderful photos from riders who have ridden the TLH.

http://klasjm.smugmug.com/gallery/1682014#P-1-20

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3278477#P-1-15

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298818&highlight=Labrador

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300209

And finally, Trees trip:

http://www.geocities.com/translab99/
Willard
Willard

Back to top Go down

Post by Willard Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:52 pm

Out of the 76 people who have viewed this thread it turns out that its only the two guys who ride the KLRs and Richard with his K75 who have any riding plans this year. Go figure.
Willard
Willard

Back to top Go down

Post by Piet Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:26 am

Speaking from my own personal point of view, I find it difficult to maneuver through this new type of forum. trying to remember 10 different passwords and pin numbers in my life, and not being IT savy it is becoming a task that i have to set at least 15 minutes aside. and only able to connect from work. ( I like the former site better for access and ease)
I trust that a majority of our members are as challenged as I am with this since it's always the same people that respond to this media...
As for trips we are making trip plans , that will include hermits Isl, Grand Falls, and NF.

back to the stone pushing
cheers

P
Piet
Piet

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Beemer Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Commitment issues...explains it all...
Beemer
Beemer

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Willard Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:58 pm

Initially I found the new forum difficult to use. In fact I gave up on it. The problem was with me and not the new forum. I was too lazy to take the time to figure it out. It wasn't until I made up my mind that I really wanted to use the new forum that I took the 10 minutes to figure out how it works. Wasn't all that difficult once I set my mind to it. I definitely like the format of this new forum over the old one.

Anyway, it looks like Newfoundland is the place to be in 08.
Willard
Willard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down