BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wethead Tech Day - 2018-09-30 - this Sunday

Go down

Wethead Tech Day - 2018-09-30 - this Sunday Empty Wethead Tech Day - 2018-09-30 - this Sunday

Post by Alan Coles Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 pm

Further to the group email that was sent out last week:

Date: Sunday, September 30th.

Time: 9:30 am until approximately 4 pm.

Subject: 20,000 km Wethead Service (details to follow)

Venue: CAA Garage / Headquarters, 330 John Savage Ave, Dartmouth, NS - CAA location map

Details: Brad Smith, from Rhode Island, will be demonstrating a 20,000 km (12,000 mi) Maintenance schedule - R1200RTW click to open

Perhaps look at getting pizzas delivered for lunch. $4-$5 from everyone should cover the cost of pizza and pop/water.

Here is a note of introduction that Brad sent this morning:
Brad Smith wrote:Hello, I'm Brad Smith from Middletown, Rhode Island.  
I met Alan Coles and about 6 others from your club somewhere in north central Ohio at a fuel stop on the way back from the MOA Rally in Des Moines, IA back in July '18.
Later that night at our motel in Cuba, NY I heard a motorcycle noise outside the window of the room where our bikes were parked and the disturbance was Alan Coles and the same group we had met earlier in the day while getting fuel and sniffing around each others BMW's.  
Totally random choice of motels and quite a coincidence!

I opened the room window and asked Alan and others to stop by our room once they got the road dust washed off.

The meeting was very pleasant,  and by the end of an hour or so of chit-chatting about bikes and adventures on the road, we had laid the groundwork for my chance to meet the rest of the club members up in the Halifax area.

I have waited to send this introduction so as to not distract from Alan's planning for the Annual Fall Colours Ride, and I look forward to meeting you all over the weekend of Sept 29th and 30th while I'm in Halifax to do a "Wethead Tech Day". Alan says his bike is overdue for it's 20k (km) service and I plan on completing the prescribed service during a day of demo's, explanations, tips, techniques, and discussions.

I will be arriving after midday on Sat Sept 29th, and departing either Sunday afternoon or early AM on Monday to head over to the White Mtns of New Hampshire for a beautiful week of riding with some other BMW enthusiasts from the Rothesay NB area.

I have an extensive list of Accessories/Parts/Service for the current generation of the Wethead that I'll bring copies of, as well as some “job aids” for keeping all the different body panel screws organized for correct replacement.

See you soon,

Brad would like to meet with BMWONS members (likely Saturday evening) that are interested in discussing any specific demo's, repairs, checks, etc with bikes that are in his area of expertise, such as Hex-heads, Cam-heads, Wet-heads, and K1200/K1300K1600 models, or Garmin BaseCamp, BMW Navigator, etc.

These details are still in some flux and will evolve based on when Brad arrives, etc.
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down

Wethead Tech Day - 2018-09-30 - this Sunday Empty Saturday Evening get-together

Post by Alan Coles Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:27 am

What: Chat with Brad Smith - as Brad mentioned in a previous post, he has a good depth of knowledge on the Oilhead and Wethead Boxers as well as K1200 and K1600's, Navigation, BaseCamp, Spot, etc. Just an open and free-ranging discussion.

When: 6:30 pm and on - we will be having dinner there, all are welcome to join us for dinner, or simply to talk, whatever works best for each

Where: Parkside Pub & Smokehouse, 14 Highfield Park Dr, Dartmouth

The Parkside is reported to have good food and a good room for group meetings. If the room isn't in use and enough folks show up we will use it, otherwise, we will simply use a quiet section of the Pub. Join us and chat if you'd like.
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down