BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve and his K75S

4 posters

Go down

Steve and his K75S Empty Steve and his K75S

Post by stevebruce Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Last summer I became the very proud owner of a 87 K75S and I LOVE IT! I've owned a 61 Bonneville chopper, 79 XLH Sportster and 76 GS 750 so the 87 BMW is probally my newest bike! I had a hard time buying this bike, but it was worth the effort. I picked up a oil & air filter in NB any recommendations for type of oil? Also the bottom mount on my shock is cracked directly below the bolt hole. Shock seems fine so I'm thinking of having it welded any thoughts?

thanks
Steve
stevebruce
stevebruce

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Steve and his K75S Empty Re: Steve and his K75S

Post by Dino Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Welcome to BMWONS website. There are a lot of K bike owners and vast amounts of experience here at BMWONS.
What drew you to purchase a K75S?
:^)
Dino
Dino

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Steve,

I am a K75 (as well as a K100rt) owner.
I have created a forum dedicated to the K100 but people with K75 are also posting.
You can find a lot of info there as both bikes are similar.

Click here to access the K100 forum

Bert
Bert
Bert
Admin

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2007-11-16

https://bmwons.forumpro.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by stevebruce Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:09 pm

Nice rebuild Bert! Lot's of great info thanks. Dino I loved the look of the K75S. I didn't want a Harley or a look a like or a real sport bike. And I wanted to sit upright. The whole BMW K "bullet proof" dependabilty really appealed to me too. And I love that I can put stuff in the hard bags. It's practical and a BLAST, can't wait for spring!

Steve
stevebruce
stevebruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:29 am

stevebruce wrote:....... can't wait for spring!

Steve

I hear you, I think all of us have the same feeling, hurry up and wait Smile Smile
Dino
Dino

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by stevebruce Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Been looking for a new shock, the PROGRESSIVE 420 is 639$ + tax yikes! I can get the 412 for 300$+ at Atlantic Motoplex, 370$ here in Halifax. Anyone have any experience with these shocks?
stevebruce
stevebruce

Back to top Go down

Steve and his K75S Empty Absolutely Shocking !

Post by Red Rider Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:32 am

I too am in the market for a shock for my K75S but looking for a short version--an even harder task Very Happy ............You can have a look around the web for a used one but I wouldn't buy one used that wasn't rebuildable The Progressive 412 is a throw away shock but the 420 can be rebuilt. Check http://www.ibmwr.org/market/ and http://www.beemerboneyard.com/

To go the new route I would Google the model you want and check for it from shops out of the USA - even with shipping and exchange they are much cheaper in the USA...but make double sure they will ship it by mail NOT with Fedex or UPS as they have outrageous brokerage fees that can easily DOUBLE the cost....
Red Rider
Red Rider

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Talk to Andrew and Anthony at Pro Tech in Bedford buying anything

Back to top Go down

Post by stevebruce Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:30 pm

I talked to Andrew at Pro and he too was 370$ for the 412. Got a surprise call from Motoplex on thursday, shock was in! picked it up fri night and installed it sat morn all good to go! Surprised) I know 412 is not repairable but the 420 was 700$, too much for me, 300$ was bad enough.
I talked to YSS in NJ and it was only 170$US but the shipping/broker $$$ and you have no one to go back to if there is a problem. Main thing, I'm on the road!
stevebruce
stevebruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down