BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOA Rally Meeting

Go down

MOA Rally Meeting Empty MOA Rally Meeting

Post by Alan Coles Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Meeting to discuss:
a) what to expect at an MOA Rally
b) how to plan for one
c) who is interested in the 2018 Rally in Des Moines

When: January 20, 2018 (Saturday) @ 1pm
Where: 88 Rutledge Street, Bedford (my place)
What: see beginning of post

For - 1st-Timers, Veteran Rally attendees and inquiring minds.

Many of our members have years of MOA Rally experience. Please consider joining us to provide your insights and knowledge to those thinking of attending for the first time.

BMWONS Facebook - Event registration

MOA Rally - 2017 Salt Lake City - GS Giants Obsticle Course.
This course was set up right in the main area of the Rally and I passed by it at least a few times every day to watch the action.
MOA Rally Meeting Bmw-mo11
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down

MOA Rally Meeting Empty Re: MOA Rally Meeting

Post by Alan Coles Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:46 pm

We had six out for this discussion and, I think it went well. Certainly nice to see folks in the off-season. ;-)

Here are links to two files that I created that there was some discussion on and requests for copies:

Sena Communications Systems - Features/price comparison

Overview of MOA Rallies and possible timetable

As discussed, the times and distances for the return trip were mere "place-markers" and will definitely change to allow for more relaxed riding back. The ride there from NS to Toronto is tight (1.5 days) because I plan on attending the full Bluenose Rally which doesn't finish until Sunday at noon. From Toronto to Des Moines it is much easier and mostly secondary highways/roads for a more relaxed and enjoyable ride.

Currently, we have 4 definite riders from here (plus several maybes) and one from Toronto. Not all taking the same routes but possibly doing so for some parts of the trip, plugging in and out as the route goes along.
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down