BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REVER - Online trip planner and App

2 posters

Go down

REVER -  Online trip planner and App Empty REVER - Online trip planner and App

Post by Alan Coles Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:14 pm

I've been looking at this program and app for a little over a year now and recently started to dig into it slightly. The other day Shereef and I connected on the app/program and I set up a BMWONS Group. Tried the app out today and it seems to work reasonably well. As with anything, especially tech related, there is a learning curve, but I think it is worthwhile to give it a shot.
(See here: https://bmwons.forumpro.fr/t1889-2017-season-opener-ride-2017-04-09)

BMW Motorrad has invested in the company, and I have a feeling that we may see it integrated into new BMW ConnectedRide that is coming soon. https://rever.co/2016/11/10/bmw-motorrad-presents-concept-connectedride-next-advancement-motorcycle-connectivity-increased-safety-comfort/

BMW i Ventures Announces Strategic Investment in Rever Moto, Inc.

Here's the Rever site. Have a look at it. The "Basic" account is free, so download the app and start to play. Both Shereef and I have accounts, so "friend" us after you set-up the app then search in "Groups" for BMWONS and request to join it. Let's see what it will do. The more folks trying it the more likely one of will figure it out. ;-)

Rever Homepage

Last edited by Alan Coles on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down

REVER -  Online trip planner and App Empty Re: REVER - Online trip planner and App

Post by Alan Coles Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:14 pm

Forgot to mention, that Rever is providing a 25% discount off their Premium account pricing for MOA members and by extension BMWONS members. That reduces the $59.99USD/year Premium fee down to $44.99USD. Still not cheap, but I got it so that I could create the BMWONS group, and to dig deeper into it.

Anyone interested in their premium account can use discount code: MOA2017

Take note - the discount code must be put in via cut-n-paste! If you simply try to type it in it will not work, you must copy the code from above (or from anywhere else) and paste it into the discount code field for it to work.

I'd suggest you try the free package first and if you decide you want to upgrade then use the above code.

The free basic package will allow you to do a fair bit so the premium isn't for everyone.

Here is their comparison of the two account types - Rever account differences
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

REVER -  Online trip planner and App Empty Re: REVER - Online trip planner and App

Post by Alan Coles Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Forgot to add this Rever video which shows much of what the app can do.
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Coles Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:24 pm

We now have six riders setup on the Rever BMWONS Group app.

I'm currently the only one that has set the app to track my BMWONS rides, so try to remember to set the app to track the next time you do a BMWONS ride and the app will keep track of it for you.

It is nice to be able to see the routes that our first two rides of the season have taken and also get details such as:

BMWONS - 2017 - Ride #1 2017-04-09
Travel distance = 204 km
Travel time (with stops) = 4 hours and 42 minutes
Max Elevation = 210m - that was on R-14 about 1km west of Kaizer Meadow Road. Between just before Mount Uniacke and before South Rawdon we hit 3 areas that had elevations around 179m and just by Ross and Anne Marie Evans' place on Hammonds Plains Road was the 3rd highest elevation point at 133m.

BMWONS - 2017 - Ride #2 2017-04-15
Travel distance = 280 km
Travel time (with stops) = 5 hours and 17 minutes on the ride. We had a long relaxed lunch and also stopped into the Musquodoboit Harbour Train Museum.
Max Elevation = 196m about 8km east of Upper Musquodoboit on R-224

Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

REVER -  Online trip planner and App Empty Rever app

Post by JohnCLeBlanc Sat May 27, 2017 11:45 pm

Just planned my first ride with Rever: Toney River - Canso - Liscomb - Halifax. I will ride it this Monday.

Another interesting site is BestBikingRoads.com. There is an Android app (and I think IOS too). It has routes from all over the world including 34 in Nova Scotia. Is anyone familiar with it?

JohnCLeBlanc

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

REVER -  Online trip planner and App Empty Rever app & BMWONS

Post by JohnCLeBlanc Sat May 27, 2017 11:54 pm

I sent friend requests to Alan and Shereef from the Rever app and I also found the BMWONS group but when I clicked on it nothing happened. Should it have generated a friend request or is it referring to the Facebook BMWONS group?

JohnCLeBlanc

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Coles Sun May 28, 2017 11:02 am

JohnCLeBlanc wrote:Just planned my first ride with Rever: Toney River - Canso - Liscomb - Halifax. I will ride it this Monday.

Another interesting site is BestBikingRoads.com. There is an Android app (and I think IOS too). It has routes from all over the world including 34 in Nova Scotia. Is anyone familiar with it?
I have it John, but unfortunately, can only get it to work some of the time, and can't get the mobile app portion of it to work correctly yet.

I haven't spent very much time trying to work out the issues, but, like virtually every bike app so far, it isn't 100% ready nor is it 100% intuitive, they all seem to be works in progress.
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Coles Sun May 28, 2017 11:06 am

JohnCLeBlanc wrote:I sent friend requests to Alan and Shereef from the Rever app and I also found the BMWONS group but when I clicked on it nothing happened. Should it have generated a friend request or is it referring to the Facebook BMWONS group?
Got your request this morning John and replied to / accepted it.

Like the BMWONS Facebook page we've set up, the Rever BMWONS Group page has been set up as a private group to reduce the SPAMMER hits. I have sent you an invite to join the Rever BMWONS Group.

We are still figuring all of these apps out and learning as we go. ;-)
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

REVER -  Online trip planner and App Empty Download GPX file & transfer to Garmin GPS Unit

Post by Alan Coles Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:25 pm

Download GPX file & transfer to Garmin GPS Unit

Here is a tutorial video from Rever, taking you through the steps from downloading the GPX file in the ride planner, to uploading it onto the GPS unit, and finally converting the file into a usable "trip" that you can navigate on the Garmin unit.

Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Coles Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 pm

REVER -  Online trip planner and App 2018_c10

Rever - Premium Account info
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down