BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Bluenose

2 posters

Go down

Hi from Bluenose Empty Hi from Bluenose

Post by bluenose Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi gang:

Relatively new to this form...also registered at K100 where Bert, KBike and others have helped me get some gremlins out. I purchased an 85 K100RT last fall. Works great and the only complaint are my short legs! I thought they would grow but no luck so far. I am also new to riding since taking the safety course 3 years ago...so going at it slowly.

I happened to be on the LaHave ferry last week and was admiring a K1200GT - started chatting with the owner and member here Gary S. Had a great chat about BMWONS, BMWs and riding Nova Scotia. I saw the bike again at Rissers Beach...the BMW's sort of jump right out compared to others.

I have been noticing more and more hi-vis jackets on the road which is a good thing. I purchased a FieldSheer Hi-Vis yellow jacket recently via email order from the USA. Decided to invest after getting cut off a couple of times! At the time I couldn't find one in Halifax and naturally 2 weeks after getting it ProCycle had a bunch of TourMasters in. The Fieldsheer is a comfortable jacket with kidney/back support straps. At he end of the day I saved about $140 CDN.

So if you see a red 1985 K100RT with a bright Hi-Vis yellow jacket perched on it...that is me and not a cop! See you on the road.

bluenose

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Hi from Bluenose Empty Re: Hi from Bluenose

Post by Bert Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Small world. I meet you all over the Internet but have not seen you on the road.
You should drop to Arbys to show us your bike.

Bert
Bert
Bert
Admin

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2007-11-16

https://bmwons.forumpro.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Bert is that Wed or Thursday evening?

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:29 pm

This is Thursday evening
Bert
Bert
Admin

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2007-11-16

https://bmwons.forumpro.fr

Back to top Go down

Hi from Bluenose Empty Arby's

Post by bluenose Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Bert...thanks for the invite but I couldn't make it last Thursday...my son returned from BC so I was getting caught up with stories and photos...hope to make it next week.

Peter Coutts

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Peter,

Check the general newsgroup, I dropped some information there for you on joining our club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down