2020 BMWONS Annual General Meeting
Time: 3:00 pm
Place: 277 Rutledge Ave, Bedford - Meeting room - 3th Floor (same as last year - ***not the Sun Room used prior to last year***)
Parking: For the meeting, park in any of the guest spaces in front of the building (side away from the building - outlined in black), but *DO NOT* use spaces #13-16 as these belong to tenants. (see photo below)
*** Please renew your BMWONS Membership for 2020 ***
This can be done by following the link below (easiest for our esteemed Treasurer) or bringing your $20 dues to the AGM.
As noted above, like the past few years, we plan to meet at Lowell Perry’s apartment complex, located at 277 Rutledge Ave, Bedford.
The meeting time will be 3pm.
As has become our tradition, afterwards those that can, will convene at Tom's Family Restaurant, 575 Sackville Drive, Lr. Sackville for dinner at 5:00pm to add an additional social component to things. I have made a reservation and it would be helpful to know how many intend to join us at Tom's, please post a reply here. (see photo below)
The AGM is on the 3rd Floor like last year. We will have someone at the front prior to 3pm to let people in. If you arrive after 3 pm call my cell # 902-456-5229.
- Opening of AGM
- President's Report
- Treasurer's Report
- Election of Officers (all positions are filled but everyone is welcome to put their name forward for any position)
- Communications/Ride Coordinator - after an absence of a few years, Bill Hayter has offered to take on the Ride Coordinator position again. This should help us have our rides better advertised to the membership.
- Rides for 2020
- Saturday / Sunday rides
- Specific destination rides - TBD
- High Mileage Award for 2019 - *send in your 2019 mileage*
- Rallies/Rides (some dates tentative)
- DownEast Rally - May 15-17 - Hermit Island, ME (Registration Opens March 1st - DownEast Rally Page)
- MOA Rally - June 25-27 - Great Falls, Montana (MOA Rally website)
- Bluenose Rally (50th and Final)- July 3-5 - Billtown, NS (50th & FINAL year, pre-registration is required - Bluenose Rally page)
- NEM Rally - July 23-26 - Newry, Maine (A good showing by Club members last year with reports of great time - Rally site)
- Fall Colours Ride - Oct 2-4 - Baddeck, NS
- - - - Also, as in past years, I have been in contact with a number of riders from the US over the winter who are planning trips to/through Nova Scotia this year. I've extended an invitation to them to join us at the Chicken Burger and to let us know in advance when they'll be in NS so that we can let our membership know when they'll be here and have an opportunity to meet/socialize/ride with them if desired. One of these riders is Rolf Ravnskov from Denmark. Rolf will be riding his BMW across Canada this summer and will be staying with me the evening of May 7th., and joining us at our weekly Chicken Burger meet that evening. Try to make it out and say hello to Rolf.
- New Business
- With this being the final year for the Bluenose Rally, should BMWONS offer support to another group if they wish to continue with it under a new name???
- - - We discussed this last year and there was little appetite for holding a BMWONS Rally. Is there reasonable interest in assisting?
- 4:45 pm - Dinner @ 5 pm at Tom's Family Restaurant (details below)
For those not familiar with Tom's Restaurant, the photo below will provide some visual clues if approaching from the East (Halifax, Dartmouth, Bedford, etc.).
- Number of posts : 627
Location : Bedford, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2013-03-31
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum