BMWONS Annual General Meeting
Time: 2:00 pm
Place: 277 Rutledge Ave, Bedford - Meeting room - 4th Floor Sun Room
Parking: For the meeting, park in any of the guest spaces in front of the building (side away from the building - outlined in black), but *DO NOT* use spaces #13-16 as these belong to tenants. See photo below.
As noted above, like the past few years, we plan to meet at Lowell Perry’s apartment complex, located at 277 Rutledge Ave, Bedford. Unlike last year it will be held Sunday, March 11 at 2 pm.
The meeting time has been moved to 2pm. The reasoning for this is to allow time for additional things to cover this meeting (we need a new Treasurer and Communications/Ride Coordinator).
Afterwards at Tom's Family Restaurant, 575 Sackville Drive, Lr. Sackville for dinner at someplace between 5:00-5:30 to add an additional social component to things. My feeling was that this would make it more of a back-to-back situation vs having an hour or more between the two events.
The event is in the 4th Floor Sun Room again. Get off the elevator on the 4th floor and go up the small flight of stairs.
- 2:00pm - AGM
- Opening of AGM
- President's Report
- Treasurer's Report
- Election of Officers (everyone is welcome to put their name forward for any position)
- Treasurer - *** this is open for 2018 - please consider ***
- Communications/Ride Coordinator - *** this is open for 2018 - please consider ***
- Rides for 2018
- Saturday / Sunday rides
- Specific destination rides - TBD
- High Mileage Award for 2017 - *send in your 2017 mileage*
- DownEast Rally - May 18-20
- Bluenose Rally - July 6-8
- MOA Rally - July 12-15 Des Moines, Iowa
- Fall Colours Ride - tentative date is September 28-30.
- - - - We may have a couple join us from Belgium (David and Veerle). They started their circumnavigation of North America (to include Alaska and the Trans-Labrador Highway) on Thursday, March 1st., in Orlando FL.
- - - - Also, I have been in contact with a number of riders from the US over the winter who are planning trips to/through Nova Scotia this year. I've extended an invitation to them to join us at the Chicken Burger, and to let us know in advance when they'll be in NS so that we can let our membership know when they'll be here and have an opportunity to meet/socialize/ride with them if desired.
- BMWONS 40th Anniversary - tentative date is June 16-17
- - - Planned rides from various parts of the province to the Anniversary site on the 16th
- - - Banquet dinner - the evening of the 16th
- - - Morning of the 17th - rides to places/routes of interest
- Any ideas?
- 5:00pm - Dinner at Tom's Family Restaurant (details below)
As noted above, like the past few years, we plan to meet at Lowell Perry’s apartment complex, located at 277 Rutledge Ave, Bedford. It will be held Sunday, March 11, at 2 pm.
Afterwards, those so inclined will convene at Tom's Family Restaurant, 575 Sackville Drive, Lr. Sackville for dinner at someplace between 5:00-5:30 to add an additional social component to things.
The AGM will be held in the Sun Room (4th Floor) as in the previous few years. Get off the elevator on the 4th floor and go up the small flight of stairs.
In preparation for the BMWONS Award for Mileage for 2017, please forward your kilometres ridden in 2017 to me prior to the day of the meeting so that your many adventures may be noted.
For those not familiar with Tom's Restaurant, the photo below will provide some visual clues if approaching from the East (Halifax, Dartmouth, Bedford, etc.).
- Number of posts : 616
Location : Bedford, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2013-03-31
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum