BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Airhead Newsletter Volume:2 Issue:6

Go down

The Airhead Newsletter Volume:2 Issue:6 Empty The Airhead Newsletter Volume:2 Issue:6

Post by Alan Coles Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:30 pm

The link below is to the current copy of The Airhead Newsletter:

The Airhead - Volume 2 Issue 6

This was initially distributed to the R90S WorldNet group and I'm passing it on here as it may well be of interest to members here, Airhead and non-Airhead owners alike.

Of particular interest to me and the R90S group is that one of the contributors is Frank Cachia. I met and Frank at the R90S 40th Anniversary Rally in PA and we kicked around together a bit over that weekend. For those who aren't familiar with Frank, he is one of the biggest R90S / BMW motorcycle promoters there is. Frank bought his R90S new and IIRC has over 400,000 miles on it, including racing!!! Much of that has been through very, very rough terrain.

Frank will be doing a monthly column in The Airhead starting 2017-02. Here's what the publication's editor, Peter Ardron, had to say about Frank - "
Peter Ardron, Editor - The Airhead wrote:Frank Cachia has been the most prolific and consistent contributor to 'The Airhead' since we began back in April 2015. He's only missed having an article in two or three issues and his contributions - always built around his beloved R90S and his R26 - make excellent reading and are looked forwards to eagerly. Frank's R90s has been put through tougher conditions than 90% of GS owners would ever dream of riding in and yet it's ridden through all of them without problems. Frank's got a natural gift as a writer and I'm over the moon to say that he's just agreed to write a 'Frank's Letters from Oz' page for us in every issue, starting in February.

Of even greater interest is the fact that Hans Muth (father of the R90S, R100RS, R80GS, etc.) has also agreed to be a contributor and his first offering of his concept drawings of the R65LS.

Franks article runs on page 11-12 and Hans' is on page 12. Enjoy!
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down