BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R90S - Max BMW is building a "Brand New" 1975 BMW R90S

2 posters

Go down

R90S - Max BMW is building a "Brand New" 1975 BMW R90S Empty R90S - Max BMW is building a "Brand New" 1975 BMW R90S

Post by Alan Coles Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:09 pm

I've been watching this for awhile and just realized that I forgot to let others know, if you don't already get emails from Max BMW. They've just started their lunch break now, so I can get back to work. (Got two monitors on my desk in the office and one is set to the live feed of the build. The other I'm supposed to get some work done on.  Wink 

Here's a link to the feed: Live-feed link - R90S Build

Here is some of the info from Max BMW:

Ladies and gentlemen, here we go. After more than a year of planning, we are beginning to build a vintage BMW from NEW PARTS ordered directly from BMW. Modeled on a 1975 R90 S, this bike is composed of parts sourced from BMW's extensive catalog of new parts for old motorcycles. This is a challenge that began as a simple question and has evolved into a project that has involved a lot of research and planning. Today, we begin the final stage: the build.  

Assembly of the R90 S is happening at MAX BMW NH, with three technicians representing all three of our locations. The build should take approximately four days, and you can see the progess by liking us on Facebook, by viewing our our live video feed on your computer, or by stopping by our NH location.

Over the past few months, we have been collecting all of the parts that we will need and on Monday, we laid them out for a photo. It was fun to see all of the parts in one spot. It has taken hours upon hours of time to identify, order, catalog and organize all of the parts for this project.  

We're pretty sure that we have them all, but we are certain to find out in the next couple of days!  

Stay tuned for updates and feel free to ask questions on Facebook.

Below is a shot of the parts getting ready to go (click to enlarge.)  

More to come!

Links:
http://www.maxbmwmotorsport.com/max_bmw_r90s_build/

Click here for a full view of the picture below
R90S - Max BMW is building a "Brand New" 1975 BMW R90S Full-exploded-2K
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down

R90S - Max BMW is building a "Brand New" 1975 BMW R90S Empty Re: R90S - Max BMW is building a "Brand New" 1975 BMW R90S

Post by r90sLifer Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 am

I've touched most of these parts!!! Nice project. Smile 
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

R90S - Max BMW is building a "Brand New" 1975 BMW R90S Empty Re: R90S - Max BMW is building a "Brand New" 1975 BMW R90S

Post by Alan Coles Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:22 am

Not sure you should be admitting to touching parts, in an open forum, even if they are older parts. ;-)

Max BMW have told me that they'll be producing a video of the whole thing. Definitely be a great resource for having.

Some are upset that they are using some newer parts but to me that is a small disappointment and shouldn't take away from this great project. Haven't been able to watch much but I'll get the video which I'm sure will edit out the dead sections.
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by r90sLifer Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:58 pm

I thanked them on their FB (Facebook) site saying that although I am not the originality police a few things may have been sourced that would have improved the 1975 look. i.e. turn signal light housing s/b aluminium and the fuel hose should've been braided.
As for using newer parts, I don't really mind. I think their choice of model, including the colour is great and I applaud their making the build accessible to all who care to view.
MAX has a good reputation and this is just another good BMW community jesture from Max. :0)
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down