BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nova Scotia here I come

4 posters

Go down

Nova Scotia here I come Empty Nova Scotia here I come

Post by missusfinz Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi
I just joined the group.
My name is Ellie and I ride an 09 RT LE.

I am planning a trip out to your beautiful end of the country at the end of July.
I thought joining this group would allow me to find out more about places to ride and things to see while I'm there.

I'm looking forward to my first long haul on my sweet RT.
I can't think of a better place to go for a ride.
Ellie Nova Scotia here I come Icon_smile

missusfinz

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Nova Scotia here I come Empty Re: Nova Scotia here I come

Post by Willard Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:13 am

Welcome to the newsgroup Ellie. Will you be tenting or motelling it? There are so many roads to ride and things to see. How long will you be in Nova Scotia? Let us know and we can make all sorts of recommendations.
Willard
Willard

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by missusfinz Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 am

Hi
I am planning on being out there last week in July and 1st week in August. I thought I would ride the Cabot Trail and take in the Bike Festival. I have booked a couple nights so far fro the middle of my trip in Baddeck. Any suggestions you might have would be great. I love photography and touring.
Thanks,
Ellie

missusfinz

Back to top Go down

Nova Scotia here I come Empty PM

Post by Dino Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:16 pm

missusfinz wrote:Hi
I am planning on being out there last week in July and 1st week in August. I thought I would ride the Cabot Trail and take in the Bike Festival. I have booked a couple nights so far fro the middle of my trip in Baddeck. Any suggestions you might have would be great. I love photography and touring.
Thanks,
Ellie

Check your pm.
:^)
Dino
Dino

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Nova Scotia here I come Empty NS is awesome! Come on Down!

Post by Red Rider Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Nova Scotia is a great spot to ride but there's a little something you should beware of! Nova Scotia here I come Icon_biggrin For me it was my first trip here on a bike many years ago that caused me to fall in love with the "Right Coast" and have to move here to live. After my first trip here I found it very hard to go back to Ontario...just to warn you Nova Scotia here I come Icon_lol

Some of the roads are not in the best of shape but the fact that there are very, very few straight sections and that the scenery is amazing makes up for that.

The BMW club meets at the Arby's on the Bedford Highway (near the 102 Hwy) Thursday nights and if it fits into your plans you should try and drop by.

Drop me a PM if you need a riding partner or a hand with routes or whatever?

Marilyn
Red Rider
Red Rider

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by missusfinz Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi
It's getting close.
We have been planning the trip.
I have a few questions...
What is the weather like late July and early August? Do I need to bring sweater and rain coat?
We have booked accomodations in Baddock for a couple of nights.
We were hoping to just find hotels and B&B's as we go so we can spend more time just exploring. I hate to have to be anywhere at a set time. Is it reasonable to think we can find digs the day we need a place to crash?
Thanks,
Ellie

missusfinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Rider Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:38 pm

The maritime weather here is hard to predict. Meteorologists have a hard time coming up with correct forecasts even for the next day, but my suggestion would be that you will definitely need a sweater as night time temps tend to dip quite a bit particularly in Cape Breton (but it's great for sleeping!). Unless you are incredibly lucky you will need a raincoat at least once in your travels and .....if you're terribly unlucky might not ever put it away.....
I would say that generally occupancies have been down over the summers with the state of the economy keeping many travelers at home and would guess that means lots of vacancies. The N.S. Travel Info kiosks that are scattered around the province can make accommodation suggestions and will call even ahead free to make reservations for you.
Red Rider
Red Rider

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by missusfinz Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi Marylin,
Thanks for the info.
I hope the weather is nice. I will make sure to bring some warm clothes.
I will make sure to get in touch with you when I come out there.
Thanks,
Elaine

missusfinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down