Introduction to BMW

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduction to BMW

Post by Dino on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:08 pm

Hello, a bit of background before I post my question. I'm riding a VN500 as a commuter and occasional short distance tours on the highway. 2008 will be my third year in the saddle. A 780 cm seat hight would be high enough for me. I've talked to one BMW repair shop and they have given me their opinion about which beemer I should purchase as an intorductory bike. I'm not in a hurry to own 800cc of German engineering so a 650 could be my next step. This is where everyone can pipe in. I'm interested in your experiences and opinions when it comes to suggesting options for a fellow like me. The floor is open to anyone, any level of experience and from anywhere around the world.
I'm all ears.
Cheers,
Dino
What a Face
Dino

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction to BMW

Post by Dave on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:06 am

Hi,
I own a 2004 F650 CS. I returned to motorcycles a few years ago after a 30+ year absense. I live in Lorne and use the bike daily (except in the winter) to ride to New Glasgow (20km) short trips to Antigonish, Sherbrook, Truro, etc. I love this bike. I have a 30" inseam and am able to flat-foot it at stop signs. Great gas mileage, dependable. I'm not quite ready to move on to a bigger, more powerful bike, but for the right offer....

Dave
Dave

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-24

View user profile http://www.djharrison.ca

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top