BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi

Go down

Hi Empty Hi

Post by Dino Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:23 pm

Hello everyone, I'm originally from British Columbia. Land of the setting sun, now I live in the land of the rising sun. Violet and I love the East coast. The scenery and history provide us with lots of adventures throughout the year.
The first time I rode a motorbike I was eight years old. My father placed me on the seat between him and the gas tank of his '72 Yamaha DS7, 250cc streetbike. I'll never forget the exhiliration of that first ride, the wind in my face and the rumble of the engine. That was the only time he took me for a ride. The bike would stand there quietly, I would sit on the seat, daydream, then step down and give the kickstart a go. The rest of the afternoon would be spent wearing my motorcycle helmet while peddling my little red bicycle around the yard.
Fast forward to the present. In the fall of 2005, I completed the motorcycle safety course offered by the Nova Scotia Safety Council. My friend spotted a used '05 Kawasaki VN 500. I sat on the Vulcan and we fit like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. It has taught me a lot, what it can and cannot do at low and high speeds. I'm so happy to have a light and nimble bike.
This year I added saddlebags. This was also the year I had my first solo trip, to Lunenburg. I cannot compare my trip to those travelling around the world, but I felt like I was on a daring adventure. I know we won't be together for ever, but I'm not in a hurry to ride a 800 or 850cc motorbike.
BMW. I've always had my eyes on BMW since 1989. The unique styling and history has always interested me. In time, I'll find a Beemer with my name on it.
For those who are not shy, please introduce yourself.........thank you.
Dino
Dino
Dino

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Hi Empty ?

Post by Dino Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:33 am

I hope I'm not going to be the only one introducing myself to everyone else in the Newsgroup bounce I recognize a few names but don't know anything about you Question It would be nice for registered members cyclops to say hello and give an intro
cheers
Dino
Dino

Back to top Go down

Hi Empty Re: Hi

Post by Dino Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:05 pm

A big thank you goes out to those that introduced themselves to the Newsgroup, now I don't feel like a complete stranger
cheers,
Dino
Dino
Dino

Back to top Go down

Hi Empty Re: Hi

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: