Carb Float Bowl Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carb Float Bowl Needed

Post by Zwerling on Fri May 09, 2008 10:49 pm

I have a leaking float bowl. I have tried a number of epoxies, glues and sealants, but I can't stop a slow, weeping leak around the overflow tube at the base of the float bowl. I suspect a fine, capillary-like opening or porous metal in the old bowl is letting gas dribble through.

Does anyone have a left side float bowl for a 32mm Bing CV carb they don't require? I'd be happy to buy (or borrow one until I can get a replacement).

Stephen
1975 R90/6

Zwerling

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carb Float Bowl Needed

Post by TREE on Sat May 10, 2008 1:03 am

Maybe you tried Seal All ? (crappy tire )
It usually works well on gas leaks.........
TREE

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-11-17

View user profile http://www.tinyurl.com/y88wmxj

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert on Sat May 10, 2008 10:21 pm

Zwerling wrote:I have a leaking float bowl. I have tried a number of epoxies, glues and sealants, but I can't stop a slow, weeping leak around the overflow tube at the base of the float bowl. I suspect a fine, capillary-like opening or porous metal in the old bowl is letting gas dribble through.

Does anyone have a left side float bowl for a 32mm Bing CV carb they don't require? I'd be happy to buy (or borrow one until I can get a replacement).

Stephen
1975 R90/6

Stephen,

People will laugh at me, but I drove for months in Africa with a car that had a gas tank with a 1" crack.
The way that I plugged it was with soap and bread. Razz
Take a bar of soap and shave a couple of strips of it. Take a piece of bread (sliced bread work the best), wet it with a bit of water a start to mix it with the pieces of soap. When you get a sticky paste, apply it on the leaking area. Believe me it works.
I never tried it, but does gas dissolve soap?

Bert
Bert
Admin

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://bmwons.forumpro.fr

Back to top Go down

leaking float bowl

Post by Chris on Sun May 11, 2008 1:23 pm

Bert, is that whole wheat or white? I think Steve only has whole wheat. Should he grind it finer? Will pita work? You were in Africa. I can't believe Ben's is in Africa! Next you'll be claiming Tim's is in Afghanistan! I just can't believe it...
Chris

Chris

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert on Sun May 11, 2008 4:56 pm

Chris wrote:Bert, is that whole wheat or white? I think Steve only has whole wheat. Should he grind it finer? Will pita work? You were in Africa. I can't believe Ben's is in Africa! Next you'll be claiming Tim's is in Afghanistan! I just can't believe it...
Chris

As a matter of fact, yes they have Tim Horton in Afghanistan!
Last year, Tim horton was hiring people to work at the Tim at the Kandahar Canadian base.
Bert
Admin

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://bmwons.forumpro.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top