BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This BMW R60 Never Rides Alone

Go down

This BMW R60 Never Rides Alone Empty This BMW R60 Never Rides Alone

Post by Alan Coles Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:00 pm

Another delicious video from Petrolicious. ;-)

They've done another great BMW motorcycle video. This time it's a 1963 R60.
Quote about this Petrolicious video wrote:Published on Jul 26, 2016
“This bike is about history, it’s about my dad…it’s about what started a life-long passion for motorcycles, it’s what launched a career,” Tom McComas, “…and it’s why I’m a Hollywood stunt man.”

In 1963, the first thing Tom’s father—also named Tom McComas—did when he was discharged from the military was to buy a BMW R60 motorcycle. This motorcycle. It was at times colored black, orange, and had a sidecar, which is how Tom Jr. began to experience the “euphoric feeling” he enjoys to this day.

“When I’m riding it and I look down and see the speedometer, it takes me back to 13, 14, 15 years old and having snuck the bike out, riding it on the North Shore of Chicago…it’s a trip, I can’t describe it,” Tom says.

“For him to have the bike makes me feel that it couldn’t be in better hands,” says Tom Sr., “…and I have total confidence that Tommy is going to love the bike as much as I do.”

“Wherever I drive, there’s a part of him riding with me; if it wasn’t for my dad and this motorcycle…motorcycles have been with me ever since, because of my dad.”
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down