BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid May 2015 Mexico/Cuba ride plan for Larry S.

Go down

Mid May 2015 Mexico/Cuba ride plan for Larry S. Empty Mid May 2015 Mexico/Cuba ride plan for Larry S.

Post by r90sLifer Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:31 am

Larry Simpson, by way of introduction, has a 93 R100 GS and a 98 R1100 GS and has done biking trips to South America, Africa, and in southeast Asia and of course North America.
He is soon to be member or member by the time of this writing and is planning a (a bucket list type of ride in my book) ride.
One of many taken or to be taken.

He wanted me to post here in case there are any who would like to join him.
Very intriguing offer Larry.

By the way I am going on bike trip from NS to Mexico and Cuba (with help of a sailboat) leaving mid-May and back late June, with 3 weeks riding on the island.  From Cancun to Cuba is on the Stahlratte, a large German-crewed steel sailboat.  This is the rather expensive part as the sea part with  5-6 nights accommodation and meals is almost $2,000.   This is something I have always wanted to do, motorcycle in Cuba with my own bike.  I have rented scooters there and bicycled a few times but the country is made for motorcycling, with beautiful coastlines and mountains, and great people.  Roads are fair tarmac to dirt and gravel with potholes, everything in between.

Just thought I would throw this out there.  If there are 3 or 4 of us we might be able to negotiate a discount on the sailboat, which normally makes runs from Panama to Colombia, and only goes from Mexico to Cuba once a year since it started this on a trial basis last year.

Riding to Mexico would be warm enough once we got to New York area, and I figure the trip NS to Cancun would take about a week each way with 600+ days.

cheers,
Larry

Smile

Last edited by r90sLifer on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Modify title)
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Mid May 2015 Mexico/Cuba ride plan for Larry S. Empty Re: Mid May 2015 Mexico/Cuba ride plan for Larry S.

Post by r90sLifer Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Larry wants to add the following:
I wanted to clarify that the almost $2,000 price on the boat is for passenger and bike both ways plus accommodation and meals when on the boat, few days each way...the boat and crew are renowned for great service and good times.  Also, if someone just wanted to do the Nova Scotia trip to Mexico that would work too provided he/she was up to the 600 + km. days. Smile Very Happy
I guess I should have mentioned I do some writing for Canadian Biker too, since I retired from public service in Nunavut.  I have a piece coming out on biking with my son in Zimbabwe next month. Smile
Interested riders can contact Larry at (larrynunavut at hotmail dot com).
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum