BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro-Cycle BBQ

2 posters

Go down

Pro-Cycle BBQ Empty Pro-Cycle BBQ

Post by Alan Coles Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:46 am

I know it conflicts with the weekly BMWONS Thursday evening get togather, but sometimes things do that.

This Thursday (July 25th), from 6-9 pm, Pro-Cycle are hosting a BBQ, in their parking lot, with prizes & music. It is a lead up to this weekends Canadian Superbike Championship event at AMP. They will also have a meet-n-greet with a few of the competitors.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=519e2fb7-a8a3-4aac-8d98-52950a11c2cc&c=7e0ac780-de03-11e2-b9c6-d4ae5292c47d&ch=7e0d86a0-de03-11e2-b9c6-d4ae5292c47d
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down

Pro-Cycle BBQ Empty Re: Pro-Cycle BBQ

Post by r90sLifer Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:39 pm

I, myself will be vacationing south of the border starting tomorrow.
If I were here I would go. In fact I would encourage our club to go. It gives us exposure and you never know, someone might win a prize. Being a customer of ProCycle I would think that we can offer them a show of support just as they are supporting these young racers.
Alan, Thank you for posting.Smile
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Coles Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Glad to post.

I too, may not be able to go as I have a corporate function to attend and won't know when it ends until late today or tomorrow. Hoping it allows me to go as I think all bike shops need support, especially those that give back.

Dunsworth, Doherty, and Munro (not sure if Dave is still involved) have been major contributors to motorcycling in this region for over 40 years and seem to do a good job.
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:37 am

Dunworth x 2, Larson and Munro are gone as owners. Doherty still on sales staff, was not an owner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Coles Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Didn't mention John Larson as he's not been part of Pro-Cycle since he left to start the very successful Privateers Harley-Davidson. That was when, IIRC, Harley demanded that their dealers be stand-a-lone entities.

I'am aware Johnny (Doherty) was never an owner, but just identified him as part of Pro-Cycle and a major contributor to motorcycling in the region.

Wheither it was being a founding member/owner of AMP, or running what was a really great motorcycle dealership with his brother Patty in the early-mid seventies (including selling Ducatis), or being a serious road-racer, or a Zone rep for Honda in Alberta, Ontario and the Atlantic Provinces, or all the 1,000's of hours of volunteer work he's but into the motorcycling community in the region over the past 4+ decades, I can't think of anyone else who has done/contributed more, over such a broad range, in the local motorcycle world. Very Happy
Alan Coles
Alan Coles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down