BMWONS newsgroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival

4 posters

Go down

Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival Empty Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival

Post by beemerbike Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:34 am

A gathering of Airheads will assemble 10:30AM Saturday July 21st. at the R&G resturant rte.#1 in Hantsport,for brunch.Following will be a ride to Kings-Edgehill School in Windsor for the British Motoring Festival.The show is open to the public 10AM until 4PM.Further details at www.britishmotoringfestival.com.Phone Chuck Sweet @ 902-798-5531 if planning to attend,so that he can advise the restaurant the number to expect.

beemerbike

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival Empty Re: Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival

Post by r90sLifer Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:04 pm

I won't be able to make this one but if all goes as planned I'll be biking in the Rockies on Saturday and Sunday with my son Adam.
Hope our ride will be as successful as this event will be.
This will be one to check off the bucket list. Very Happy
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival Empty Re: Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival

Post by Dino Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:45 pm

r90sLifer wrote:I won't be able to make this one but if all goes as planned I'll be biking in the Rockies on Saturday and Sunday with my son Adam.
Hope our ride will be as successful as this event will be.
This will be one to check off the bucket list. Very Happy

The Rockies.......in BC/Alberta? Wow. Where abouts? Will you be riding hwy 22 along the foothills? Jasper to Banff? Crowsnest Pass? Roger's Pass?

I do hope you'll have lots of pictures for a ride report bounce I'll be waiting Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival Popcorn

:^)
Dino
Dino

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by r90sLifer Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:32 am

Picked up the Ducati Multistrada today. A red 2009 100 cc nice bike with great suspension. Will give reports when I get back.
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Back to top Go down

Post by r90sLifer Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:53 am

The Duc was actually a 2007 with 53949 kms on the clock.
Left Red Deer in rain and cleared up by the time we got to Rocky Mtn House. Then on to Saskatchewan River crossing. South towards Lake Louise, Banff (for Late lunch) and to Canmore for the night. Stops along the way to view the mountains and Lakes. Just an awesome ride. Next day was. Banff to Radium Hot Springs (BC), to Golden(BC), then back to Lk Louise. We then Backtracked to Red Deer and Innisfail. Just over 1300 kms for the 'Trip' and over 1500kms for the total mileage. Best 'runs' were Banff to Radium Hot Springs and Golden the Lk Louise -but there are no bad roads here. Especially since it's all new to me. A mudslide near Banff, held up some bikers on friday before our ride, but it was cleared up by the time we got there. I'll post some picture when I get a chance. Very Happy
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Back to top Go down

Post by r90sLifer Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:51 am

Here are a few pics:Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival Img_0110

Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival Img_0111

Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival Img_0210

Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival Img_0211

Airhead ride/British Motoring Festival Img_0212
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1st Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Awesome scenery. Was only in the Rockies once (on four wheels) but the scenery is amazing.
1st
1st

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by r90sLifer Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:02 am

I agree 1st. Pictures do not justice to the splendour and the vastness of these Rockies, lakes, rivers and valleys. Highlights include a stops at the Columbia Ice Fields and Mt. Robson and the stretches between; Banff and Radium HotSprings and Golden to Lake Louise were spectacular.
Something to but on your bucket list is the Crows Nest Pass Hwy from Osoyoos to Cranbrook and on to Calgary or up 93 to Invermere and Radium Hot Springs &on to Banff, Canmore Cochrane.
A vist to the Lessier River Hot Springs (Natural) was an real treat.
Wildlife we saw along the way; Black bear and Grizzly, Elk, deer, Big Horn sheep, Eagle... so far.
Very Happy
r90sLifer
r90sLifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down